Committed to better energy, over 98,000 employees help throughout the world to provide the Group’s customers with products and services that are safer, more affordable, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to the greatest number of people.
Total puts Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at the heart of its activities and conducts its operations according to the following principles of:
- protecting the safety and security of people and its facilities;
- limiting its environmental footprint;
- ensuring that its Code of Conduct is applied in its sphere of operations;
- incorporating the challenges of sustainable development in the exercise of its activities;
- increasing its local operations by placing dialog with its stakeholders at the heart of its policy and contributing to the economic and social development of the regions where the Group has operations with the objective of creating shared value;
- promoting equal opportunities and fostering diversity and cultural mix among its personnel.
Hanwha, established in 1952, is dedicated to growing together with partners and customers. Across the entire range of its businesses, Hanwha delivers energy to customers, partners, communities as well as generations to come in order to make our future more vibrant and sustainable.
Hanwha and Total jointly operate a large petrochemical complex consisting of 14 units in Daesan, South Chungcheong Province. Its output spans olefins and polyolefins (polypropylene, polyethylene, etc.), base petrochemicals (styrene monomer, etc.), fuels, solvents and other downstream petrochemicals used in everyday life.